Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019


Playing with Anxiety: Casey's Guide for Teens and Kids by Lynn Lyons and Reid Wilson

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is the companion book to "Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents" which I feel is one of the best books about how to manage anxiety out there - and I've read quite a few. This guide is written from a kids point of view and has super relevant examples of common anxiety issues. I read this aloud to my kids and there were multiple times when they thought I was ad-libbing it because the situations were SO similar to ones that we've experienced. While they did experience some anxiety while reading the book (which is completely normal and they talk about that too), this book has been a huge help in getting them to face their fears and do it anyway. If your child is anxious this (and Anxious Kids-Anxious Parents) is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment