Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2019


Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐✰✰

A dark and broody tale of a man who lost his wife (Rebecca). He then remarries but his new wife struggles with filling Rebecca's shoes, due in large part to the malevolent housekeeper.

While I did very much appreciate the exemplary character development and the beautiful prose in this novel, I can't say that I loved reading it. Dark and gothic is not my genre but if it's yours, I highly suggest that you give this one a try. We had great book club discussion about it as well. 

Unputdownable-ness: Medium-Low
Ugly Cry Potential: Low
LOL: Low
Steaminess: Low
Character Development: High
Originality: Medium-High
Quality of Writing: High
Intellectual Depth: High
Emotionally Trying/Hard to Read: Medium

No comments:

Post a Comment