Pages

Monday, October 7, 2019


Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐✰

I should preface this review by saying that this is not my typical genre. That being said, I still felt it deserved 4 out of 5 stars so that's saying something right there. A flu-pandemic has wiped out 99% of the population and the remaining 1% are struggling with creating a new normal. The writing style was fantastic. The author used a variety of different writing techniques (point of view, narrator-style, interview style, etc.) based on what best fit that part of the story. Rather than being distracting, I found this to be thoroughly engaging and keep my interest piqued. The only thing keeping this from being a 5-star book in my opinion is that I don't love reading books with a dark subject matter. 

Unputdownable-ness: Medium
Ugly Cry Potential: Medium
LOL: Low
Steaminess: Low
Character Development: High
Originality: Medium-High
Quality of Writing: High
Thought Provoking: High
Light Read: No

No comments:

Post a Comment